Monday, November 01, 2004

Day One

I wanted to start with the most interesting part of the story to get myself into the groove early. It appears to have worked. Although the first 1000 words took a while, I found it hard to stop. I hammered out over 2000 words in my first night. That's good because there are some days later this month I don't anticipate doing much writing at all.

I'm not going to post everything I wrote. At least not right away. But here is a nice snippet:

For a moment, they hung in the atmosphere, dropping towards the surface like rain before the thousands of bombs across the planet detonated at once. Then the reaction began.

The virus, freed from it’s confines of the bomblets, began reacting with the atmosphere violently. It immediately began splitting hydrogen from the water molecules to consume as fuel, carbon from the CO2 to build replicas of itself and started storing the oxygen in complex molecules to unleash as an acid to break down all the material on the planet. It started slowly. Lights ignited across the face of the planet and started to grow in intensity. They turned into rings and began to get brighter as they descended through the atmosphere, devouring the air. The rings started connecting, then turning into spheres. The virus had almost reached the surface of the planet.
Word count: 2,018

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home