Friday, November 05, 2004

A Week of Nothing

I got almost no writing done. Election night, well, that was kind of what I expected. But the rest of the week, work really took it out of me. I've got a much more free schedule next week, so I should be able to

Plus, I am really looking forward to doing a lot of writing this weekend. I gotta get up to about 12k words by Monday morning if I want to stay on pace. I should be able to get a good amount of the character introductions and development done and some work on the "historical" part of the story.

Anyway, here's a snippet of the developement of the "long dead" character.

The strong wind picked up briefly, and a gust of wind whipped against his armor and face. He stood unmoving against it as his long, raven hair left the confines of his armor and twirled behind him in the air. Feathers that adorned his armor danced in place, but remained firmly attached. As quickly as it started, the wind died down, and almost immediately a dull rumble echoed across the hills, signifying a nearby storm.
Word count: 2,007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home