Sunday, November 07, 2004

Falling Down

The first week is supposed to be the fastest and furious flurry of creativity. Mine was an example in a lack of self-discipline. There were too many other things I put first, little errands and so forth. I needed to make a greater commitment to actually doing this. Since I expected to fail, I could find reasons why I should not do my daily writing. And now I have to average over 1,800 words a day.

Hmm. I wonder if I can count the words I put in my blog towards words I write in my novel. That's another 568 words.

Anyway, another snippet from my weekend writing, from the same portion of the story as the first days writing.
Alec’s knees suddenly buckled. He teetered to one side and placed his hand on the wall for support. Bending forward he vomited on the wall. He stood there, hunched over, heaving and gasping, for a few minutes. After catching his breath and wiping his mouth and nose on his robes, he looked up. The preist did not appear to have turned around, although he had paused in his stride so that once Alec had recovered he would not be too far behind.
Word count: 3,652

1 Comments:

Blogger Game Thug said...

Hey,

Interested in this blog name. Maybe we can work something out.

October 6, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home